• Founder, Causarma
• Founder, Kit Us Out
• Chair, IoD 99
• UK President, G20 Young Entrepreneurs Alliance (Global)
• Vice President, European Confederation of Young Entrepreneurs (EU)
• Board member, Coimbatore Innovation and Business Incubator (India)
Specially appointed positions:
• Member of United Nations Inter-agency Network on Youth & Gender Equality
• Commonwealth Champion for Youth and Enterprise
• Founder & Director of Causarma: a strategy and campaigns agency working on positive impact projects in the youth, business and sport fields.
• Founder of Kit Us Out: a charity providing key sports equipment to Para-Athletes from developing nations. Since its launch the charity has supported athletes and teams from 64 developing nations across the globe and has given out over 20,000 items of kit. The charity is currently focused on the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
• Chair of the IoD 99: the Institute of Directors network exclusively for high growth entrepreneurs. In less than 3 years the community has already grown to 3,000 members making it the fastest growing network for scale up founders in the UK.
• UK representative on the European Confederation of Young Entrepreneurs: the major association of young entrepreneurs in Europe. The Confederation works closely with the European Commission and EU member governments to drive enterprise growth and represents over 60,000 entrepreneurs across the EU.
• UK President of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs Alliance: a global network of young entrepreneurs and the organisations that support them. The Alliance has a combined network of over 400,000 entrepreneurs. During 2015, 2016 and 2018 Alex also sat on a number of the B20 Taskforces, including the SME and Financing Growth groups.
• Board member of Coimbatore Innovation and Business Incubator – a body fostering high tech innovation and innovation led entrepreneurship among the youth of India.
Alex is vocal advocate of youth empowerment and gender equality and describes himself as a feminist. It was through his advocacy in these spaces that he was recently invited by the United Nations Assistant Secretary General and the Director of UN Women to become a member of the UNs Inter-agency Committee on Youth & Gender Equality.
In late 2016 Alex was award the title of Commonwealth Champion for Youth and Enterprise by the Commonwealth Secretary General, Baroness Scotland for his work in supporting youth empowerment and enterprise growth across Commonwealth nations.